Beauty influencers swear by it; it's a spiritual guru's skincare fave…and even science is into it? You may have seen these facial rollers…roll into your social feeds over the last few years, and unlike many other skincare trends, they're still here to stay or roll (we’ll stop the roll puns here).
Rose quartz rollers are one of the most popular skincare tools, and it's not just because they come in a cute pink color. Both scientists and gurus have claimed that rose quartz can benefit both your physical body and your soul. Whether or not you're big into crystals, rose quartz rollers can help to boost your natural beauty and elevate your skincare routine. Here's a breakdown of how rose quartz rollers works:
What do rose quartz rollers do?
Different crystal rollers can provide different properties for both spiritual and scientific results. With rose quartz, the pink stone contains inherent minerals that keep a consistently cool temperature. When used, a rose quartz roller can help to soothe out our skin, which feels great and relaxing and can also reduce inflammation.
Some believe that different crystals harbor different energy types that can elevate a person's vibration on a spiritual level. Rose quartz is usually associated with love and can remove toxins and negative emotions from your body. Historically, rose quartz has also been used as a healing tool, with records of ancient civilizations using the stone as part of their medical practice.
Do rose quartz rollers really work?
If you're not a big believer in crystals and their healing powers, it's understandable as to why you may be a skeptic. But as mentioned before, there has been scientific proof to show that rose quartz rollers can benefit your skincare routine. For example, a 2018 study concluded that using a face roller for 5 minutes can help to increase blood flow around the cheeks.
Rose quartz rollers are usually used to help skincare products absorb into the skin's surface and stimulate blood flow to help reduce puffiness and signs of wrinkles. They are often used for the face but can be used on any part of the body.
Many users have also noticed a difference in their appearance, especially when it comes to highlighting their natural facial contours. Using a face roller can also help stimulate lymphatic drainage, which means it can help induce your body's natural detox, boost collagen production, and reduce the look of wrinkles.
How to use rose quartz rollers in your skincare routine
Before you get to rolling, make sure your rose quartz roller is clean and dry before applying it to the face.
- Apply a serum or moisturizer to your face. Make sure to apply plenty of products to give your roller enough slip to flow easily across your skin's surface. If you use a roller on dry skin, it can drag across the surface, which may be uncomfortable and even lead to wrinkles.
- Starting from the neck, roll the roller upwards using gentle pressure, making your way across each side of the face. Do this for 5-10 minutes. If your skin starts to feel dry, apply more product. Repeat the process daily.
Pro tip: If you want to carve out your natural contour, focus on the cheekbones and jawline. To reduce puffiness, apply a generous amount of eye cream and gently roll underneath the eyes.
How to use rose quartz rollers to help with headaches and muscle pain
Although many like to include their rose quartz roller into their skincare routine, it can also help release tension, massage out any muscle pain on the face or other parts of the body, and relieve stress. Again, before using your rose quartz roller, make sure it is clean and dry.
- Apply oil or cream to the area you intended to target. Although it may not be part of your skincare routine, it's still essential to give your roller has enough slip to prevent your skin from being pulled or tugged.
- For headaches, roll your rose quartz roller along your temples and across your forehead gently and slowly for no more than 10 minutes. For muscle pain, you can add a bit more pressure to help ease out any muscle knots. In addition, the cooling effect can help to release any feelings of tension.
Pro tip: For your slip, use an oil or cream that contains Eucalyptus or Lavender. Eucalyptus and Lavender are natural remedies that can help soothe muscle pain and help relax your body.
How to clean rose quartz rollers
When using a skincare product during your rolling session, it's important to clean your rose quartz roller after every use. If you're using Riya, our ultrasonic rose quartz roller, make sure you remove the detachable head from the handle before cleaning.
- Remove any excess product by wiping the roller with a damp washcloth.
- Rinse the roller with room temperature water. Apply and massage a small amount of gentle face wash to clean it thoroughly.
- Wipe the roller dry with a dry towel.
Pro tip: After cleaning your rose quartz roller, and drying it off, keep the roller in a fridge overnight for an added cooling effect during the next use.
From an ancient medicinal tool to a skincare essential, we've decided to take it to take the rose quartz roller next level and add a 21st-century twist. Our Ultrasonic Rose Quartz Roller is a vibrating tool that can help amplify the effects of a manual rose quartz roller, adding that extra stimulation to your body’s natural detox in half the time. The unique ultrasonic feature comes in three different settings can go up to 13,000 vibrations per minute, which helps to reduce water retention and puffiness in just 5 minutes.
To learn more about our Ultrasonic Rose Quartz Roller, Riya, click here, and to shop our other products, hit the button below.